Based in Newcastle, Australia
September 1, 2010
Press / Business Contact:
Ruxar is a huge multinational games company with global offices in all major capital cities, well not really…let me start again. Ruxar is a one man band publishing mobile games out of Newcastle, Australia on a shoestring (if any) budget. The goal of these games is to give people a little chuckle while having an engaging experience. Daniel Spruce, the leader of said one man band has been working for software companies as a developer and various other things now for 10 years primarily dealing with Microsoft technologies.
Early days revloved around using Microsoft technologies that were similar to my current day to day work. Finding the time for games has always been a challenge, fitting in development time with a full time job and a young familiy is not as easy task. Added to this was my wife's relucctance to spend our life savings on my shitty game ideas and you can tell what a tough time it was. Originally I produced a number of games to dip the foot in and learn the craft somewhat.Current
Moving to a devlopment platform that allows games to be published to a number of formats has opened up a number of new avenues for distribution. Currently working on a action platform game called iZBOT which is named after my daughter izzy.
There are currently no trailers available for Ruxar. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
There are far more images available for Ruxar, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Ruxar. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Metro Match - Honorable Mention - Microsoft Dev Vs Dev" - Sydney, 2011
- "The game is absolutely addicitve and fun"
- Laura Foy, channel9.msdn.com
- "The design of the game is simple but well done"
- Jason Lefevers, Windows Phone Metro
- "Apple Bin is an entertaining, addictive game."
- George Ponder, wpcentral.com
- "All in all it's a great little game that the junk food fanatics in the crowd (and everyone else) should really enjoy"
- Saad Hashmi, windowsphonedaily.com
- "Apple Bin features clean and colourful graphics, addictive gameplay that’s easy to pick up all wrapped up in a game that’s hard to put back down."
- Christian Leed, indiegamemag.com/
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Art, Programming, Design