Based in Newcastle, Australia
September 1, 2010
Press / Business Contact:
DescriptionRuxar is a huge multinational games company with global offices in all major capital cities, well not really…let me start again. Ruxar is a one man band publishing mobile games out of Newcastle, Australia on a shoestring (if any) budget. The goal of these games is to give people a little chuckle while having an engaging experience. Daniel Spruce, the leader of said one man band has been working for software companies as a developer and various other things now for 10 years primarily dealing with Microsoft technologies.
This was created in the very early days of the windows phone platform in order to get a feel for how things are done, but it was also to offer a game within the design principles of the Metro style. The game got a honorable mention in the Microsoft Dev Vs Dev competetion.Apple Bin - Windows Phone
Apple bin was designed with the tongue firmly in the cheek. I really wanted to convery a sense of fun, style and color. The game uses the Farseer physics engine and has been featured all around the world in different marketplaces. The game has been well received with over 500 ratings with an average score of 4/5.Apple Bin - Android
Apple Bin for Android is a physics blastery type puzzle game with simple one touch controls. The game draws from elements of Angry Birds and Ragdoll blaster to create a unique and fun experiance. The object of the game is to (and the title may have given it away) get the apples in the bin. Flipping gravity, portals and lots of crates are standing in your way.
Apple Bin YouTube
There are far more images available for Ruxar, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Awards & Recognition
- "Metro Match - Honorable Mention - Microsoft Dev Vs Dev" - Sydney, 2011
- "The game is absolutely addicitve and fun"
- Laura Foy, channel9.msdn.com
- "The design of the game is simple but well done"
- Jason Lefevers, Windows Phone Metro
- "Apple Bin is an entertaining, addictive game."
- George Ponder, wpcentral.com
- "All in all it's a great little game that the junk food fanatics in the crowd (and everyone else) should really enjoy"
- Saad Hashmi, windowsphonedaily.com
- "Apple Bin features clean and colourful graphics, addictive gameplay that’s easy to pick up all wrapped up in a game that’s hard to put back down."
- Christian Leed, indiegamemag.com/
Team & Repeating
Art, Programming, Design